Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I did this last year too

Not making a first post of the year until Spring.  At least, this year is March and still technically winter.  Shrug, I'm okay with being a bad blogger.  I'm good at so many other things and only got that way from continued effort so I keep trying.

Ever since I reached a year @ SNS right b4 the Holidaze I've been in a funk that almost but, not quite smelled of regret.  I was disenchanted with my life or rather my present circumstances.  I couldn' believe I was still there, still working as a Server...not getting ahead, not getting any replies to my many applications elsewhere. 

See, when I quit my last serving position in the 90's I said NEVER AGAIN.  And, here I am stuck and stagnant in a crappy lil apartment doing menial labor and mingling with people so much more successful.  I had begun to doubt that my life choices were any good afterall.  Choosing to leave the professional world at the height of my power (late 20's) and right before my education was complete (still uncompleted) has left me now a decade later approaching 40 and rather unemployable.  Except in service of some kind or another.  I began to wonder what if.  And, that is a terribly scarey and soul wounding path to venture on which I don't recomend.  Thankfully, I only watched the preview and didn't but a ticket.  Horror flicks aren't really my style. 

Right now, I am focusing on the bright side because being proactive brings positive change.  Right now, I know that I am thankful for my work for it feeds my family, puts gas in my car, and allows us the lil luxuries that make this suburban life fun and enjoyable.  Right now, I know that when I am at work I do a great job and constantly exceed the expectations of my managers, my co-workers, and my customers.  Right now, I know that I have 2 potential job oppurtunities that I am over qualified for but will have to compete with other over qualified people to aquire.  Right now, I have just been offered a transcription project along with a potential internship later in the year at a dear to me non profit. 

I've practically given up on facebook and twitter.  It totally sucks now and I can never seem to keep up with nonsense.  The filters help me keep up with extended family and birthdays but I am letting my attachment to constantly updatting and attention whoring to a minimum.  I liked it better when you saw everthing in a time line not just your favorites or groups.  Most days, I just skip FB and go straight to LJ.  In fact, most days I skip the internet and go outside.

Spring Break is coming up and I'm planning at least one Chicago day trip.  I want to do a muesum but, since it'll be me and Amber plus a friend and her son I think Millenium Park or Navy Pier might be a better choice to hold everyone's interest.  I also want to take Amber to Fermilab and spend at least one day in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment