Tuesday, May 11, 2010

rainy day reflection

summer's coming quick to chicagoland even if today's weather is proof against that statement. there are only 4 weeks left of the school year and it's so bittersweet. year 36 of my life is coming to a close.




s's job was put in peril this weekend. turned out to be an empty threat but it sucked none the less. thankfully, we didn't let it spoil mother's day. there was almond french tst for bfast and a morning spent planting flowers. we visited both sets of mothers followed by a late lunch/early dinner at 5 guys. then 2.5 hrs combing half price books for deals. we capped the day off at the picture show for a last chance to see Avatar on the big screen.



lately, I've neglected my blog, lj, and most online connections. sometimes, I just feel adrift and only just brushing the edges of reflection. altho, my paper journal has been well used and we've been doing tons of fun stuff. maybe, it's a privacy thing. having my own laptop w/access to all my files and photos made it so much easier to post, blog, or type into the void. doing so on a shared pc just isn't the same and it's hard for me to get into the right head space.



yep, summer's coming even if today is rainy and cold... I'm hoping to get a job this summer. there's a potential babysitting gig w/one of a's classmates and it would be a really long day. so, the offer would have to be decent. otherwise, I guess it's a server job for me. bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment