Monday, November 16, 2009

my sweet girl

I sent amber outside this morning to test the weather and whether her outerwear was enough to keep her warm. When she came back in she had picked me some of the last of the mums growing out front. They are really cool mums that start out white and then the edges turn purple instead of brown as they start to wilt. She even filled one of my colored water bottles with water and arranged the flowers on the over the sink shelf. my sweet girl.

She's been home sick since Friday. Lots of cold symptoms, no fever, but I kept her home cause I wanted to protect the world from the miss cranky pants she can be when she does not feel well, not to mention the arsenal of snot pouring from her nose had potential to infect the nation. I kept her home on Monday last week but sent her to school on Tuesday as I waited for more symptoms to develop. which happened later in the week so I kept her home Friday and over the weekend. She was really bummed because she had been signed up for a cool program at the library (comic book drawing) and had been invited to a birthday party on Sat.

A local mom friend who wanted us to join her for some monkey joe's kind of fun (also on Sat) acted like I was crazy to keep her in if she did not have a fever. I'm sure she was just acting like that out of dissapointment but still, it bothered me. In my world, we keep our germs to ourselves, even if they are just measely viral infections and not the big scary bacterial flu infections.

Partly to cheer her up for missing the festivities of the weekend we put together a preliminary xmas wish list. making the top of the list is an easy bake oven. she is finally ready to give up her disney princess play kitchen for the next step as she calls it. The big blue tub of Legos made the number 2 slot w/the Star Wars lego kit as number 3. Leapster games, science kits, and a hot wheels race track are nos 4, 5, & 6. Then came Miyasaki movies, Ravensburger games, and cds by the jonas bros, bon jovi, and micheal jackson. I made her an Amazon wish list for the occasion because that's where we did most of our 'window' shopping. I am hoping it will come in handy when my in laws and extended family ask after gift ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment